These delicious duck spring rolls are sponsored by Luv-a-Duck and their awesome range of duck products.
When it comes to quick and easy starters, these duck spring rolls are a winner. Made using precooked duck and bought spring roll wrappers, you can get a batch of 20 done in under 30 minutes. They are the perfect starter for all your entertaining and festivities and taste absolutely amazing. The crunchy exterior and the veggies really work well with the richness of the duck meat to make these the best spring rolls you will ever have tasted!
Why you’re going to love this recipe
A lot of people think that cooking duck has to be difficult and time consuming, but not when you have Luv-a-Duck! I’ve used their honey soy duck legs for this recipe, but their range includes so many amazing flavours. You can check them all out here. You can also check out the range at your local supermarket, butcher or wholesale meat provider.
Making this recipe is a good intro to duck if you’ve never cooked it before. Here’s why you’re going to love this recipe:
- quick and easy to make
- Packed full of veggies
- everyone loves spring rolls
- baked not fried to keep them on the healthier side
- delicious duck adds flavour and richness to them
- perfect for entertaining as the recipe makes 20
- no need to make sauces or add flavourings to the recipe- the duck is pre flavoured
What goes into the recipe
- Duck- Honey Soy Duck Legs are what are used in this recipe, from Luv-a-Duck
- Cabbage- green or red, or even Chinese cabbage works well
- Vermicelli- I only used 80 grams of the packet
- Carrots- 2 works well to give colour
- Mushrooms- choose your favourite they add a nice umami flavour
- Spring onions- perfect for an extra zing
- Spring roll wrappers- I bought these from the frozen section of the supermarket. Fresh ones also work well.
How to make this recipe
- Soak the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Chop all the veggies.
- Put the duck in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Shred the duck and add it and it's juices to the noodles and veggies. Mix well.
- Grab 2 tablespoonfuls of mixture and put onto a spring roll wrapper.
- Spray with oil and bake until golden, 25 minutes at 220 degrees celsius.
Expert Tips and FAQs
I wrap them in lettuce and dip them in sweet chilli! The lettuce gives them a freshness burst and the sweet chiili is an awesome sauce for them.
YES! That’s flavour. Duck has so much flavour!
So. I love duck with a passion. But, I have to say, it can be tricky, and if you’re not used to cooking it, then luv-a-duck takes all the guesswork out, making it absolutely no fuss. You honestly can’t mess it up. It’s impossible.
More easy summer recipes
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Duck Spring Rolls Recipe
- 500 grams Luv-a-Duck Honey Soy Duck Legs
- 80 grams vermicelli noodles
- ¼ cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 100 grams mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 20 sheets spring roll wrapper
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Add the duck to a lined baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.500 grams Luv-a-Duck Honey Soy Duck Legs
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 15 minutes. When soaked, trim into more maneagble pieces!80 grams vermicelli noodles
- Remove the duck from the oven and leave to sit. Turn the oven up to 220 degrees celsius.500 grams Luv-a-Duck Honey Soy Duck Legs
- Chop the cabbage, grate the carrots, finely chop the sprin gonions and chop the mushrooms¼ cabbage, 100 grams mushrooms, 3 spring onions, 2 carrots
- Combine the veggies, noodles in a large bowl.
- Shred the duck legs, and add the meat and the sauce from the dish into the noodle and veggie mix. Mix well.500 grams Luv-a-Duck Honey Soy Duck Legs, 80 grams vermicelli noodles, ¼ cabbage, 2 carrots, 100 grams mushrooms, 3 spring onions
- Place 3 tbsps of the mixture onto a spring roll wrapper and roll it up.20 sheets spring roll wrapper
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsps cold water.1 tablespoon cornflour
- Use the cornflour and water mix to glue together the last edge of the spring roll wrapper.
- Spray the spring rolls with oil (I used coconut oil). And bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with lettuce and sweet chilli sauce.