This delicious prawn and mango salad is perfect for Christmas celebrations! Set it up as a wreath and allow everyone to dig in. It has all the flavour of an Aussie Christmas, is no cook and perfect for making a couple of hours before serving. With just a little chopping you can get it made in under 10 minutes!
Why you're going to love this recipe
This prawn and mango salad is so easy to make! A step up from the traditional prawn cocktail, it includes everything you need to make a delicious summery salad that everyone will love. Shaping it like a wreath gives it an extra Christmas feel.
- summer flavours like mango and avocado work so well with the prawns
- looks amazingly special but is quick and easy to assemble
- perfect for Christmas parties and Christmas Day
- perfect for serving 8 people with prawn salad quickly and easily
What goes into the recipe
- prawns- you need a kilo of them. I peel them all before putting on the wreath, but you could also just top and body them and leave tails on, or even buy them peeled.
- mango- I only used one- despite there being two in the photo. Make sure to make cubes.
- iceberg lettuce- shredded like it would be in a normal prawn cocktail.
- rocket- this helps to give a "bite" to the salad plus it looks like wreath foliage!
- cucumber- you need one lebanese cucumber
- avocado- one hass avocado will be perfect
- cherry tomatoes- halved
- spring onions- just for extra zing
How to make this recipe
- As this is a no cook recipe, it all comes down to the prep.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, cut the cucumber into rounds, the avocado into slices, shred the lettuce, cube the mango.
- The most important thing is the layering. Star with the iceberg lettuce, then the rocket.
- Next is the avocado, and cucumber.
- Add the mango and halved tomatoes.
- Add the prawsn and sprinkle the spring onions over the top.
- put the seafood sauce in the middle.
Expert Tips and FAQs
I used tiger pawns to make this, but basically you need a kilo of good quality prawns. I find that prawns that are bigger than medium prawns look too big, and tend to have less flavour.
I've used the Beerenberg one here, which has a really nice flavour. There are lots of options, including gourmet ones available at the supermarket.
More summer recipes
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Prawn and Mango Salad Recipe
- 1 kg medium prawns peeled, or deheaded and tails left on- your choice. Tiger prawns are great for this recipe, don't go bigger than medium.
- 1 mango cubed
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber sliced
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce shredded
- 100 grams rocket
- 50ml seafood sauce
- Layer the lettuce first, then the rocket.½ iceberg lettuce, 100 grams rocket
- Add the sliced avocado and cucumber.1 avocado, 1 lebanese cucumber
- Add the tomatoes and cubed mango.1 mango, 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- Top with the prawns. Sprinkle on the spring onions. Add the seafood sauce to the middle so people can add their own.1 kg medium prawns, 2 spring onions, 50ml seafood sauce