Lunches blah blah blah. Who needs 10 million ingredients when you can knock out these yummy salami and zucchini 4 ingredient pizzas in no time?
I'm all for speed, for quick lunchbox treats that freeze and defrost and for making the lunchbox the least groan-worthy meal of the day. So, it's high time we got making quick and easy things that the kids love. When it comes to making easy lunchbox items, you need to cheat a little. Puff pastry is the cheat in these pizzas!
Puff pastry means these pizzas are ready faster than you can say "What's for lunch Mum?". In fact, I have made these pizzas in the morning before school when I realised I had no bread or wraps. I take out the pastry from the freezer then put the oven on to warm up.
The whole process takes next to no time and results in a delicious lunchbox pizza. Sure, you could make these as actual pizzas with dough and rising, but this is so much easier.
More pizza flavoured lunchbox items :
The reason these are so simple to make, apart from the pastry is the lack of sauce. If you get a good creamy fetta, you don't need one! It sticks the salami to the pastry and the zucchini as well.
It also gives the delicious salty flavour that kids just can't resist!
Salami and zucchini 4 ingredient pizzas
- 2 sheets puff pastry defrosted
- 150 grams smooth fetta cheese
- 9 slices of salami
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 rectangles.
- Smush the fetta cheese and spread over the rectangles of puff pastry.
- Top each "pizza" with 3 slices of zucchini.
- Cut each salami round into quarters.
- Place 3 quarters on each "pizza".
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.