Um before we start on our 4 ingredient strawberry cheesecake bliss balls....let us dispell some myths around bliss balls. You do not need a thermomix to make them, every food processor should be able to handle it.
If you've got a really good blender it will do the trick. Next myth.
Just because it's called a bliss ball, doesn't mean it's healthy. People make them out of tim tams and milo for goodness sakes.
Finally, not all bliss balls taste like dates and cacao. These ones, well they are 4 ingredient strawberry cheesecake bliss balls and pretty special!
Strawberries are at the end of their season right now in Oz, which means, they are good still, but they need to be eaten quickly, no long term refrigeration!
If you've got a family that aren't devouring them at the rate of knots and you bought them on special at the fruit shop...then this could become your go to recipe, because strawberry cheesecake bliss balls are sooooo yummy.
These only contain 4 ingredients and are only sweetened by fruit, you don't need anything else to make them taste amazing, especially when fresh fruit is in season.
These keep really well in the fridge, but if you're like me and like to switch around what's on offer for lunch you will probably want to freeze these. So you'll be happy to know that they freeze really well.
It's hard not to eat these all in one go...and they would also make an absolutely perfect afternoon pick me up.
There's a lot to be said for food that is so fuss-free your kids can make them, and so quick to make they can be whipped up in the morning before school.
You do need a food processor or an amazing blender to get them to the right texture, but aside from that, no other fancy tools are needed except a knife and pair of hands!
More bliss balls:
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see why you've been making!
4 ingredient strawberry cheesecake bliss balls
- 250 grams cream cheese cubed (I use philadelphia original from the block)
- 250 grams of strawberries tops removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups coconut desiccated + ½ cup extra for rolling
- optional: mykids loved these without sweetener but if yours don't- add a teaspoon of honey to the mix before rolling- I'd get them to try it first without though!
- Combine the cream cheese, strawberries, lemon zest and coconut in a food processor.
- Blitz until the strawberries are chopped and through the cream cheese. It should be thick, not runny, imagine playdough consistency. Don't over process.
- Roll teaspoonfuls into balls.
- Roll the balls in the coconut.