You know, cakes, they are so important to life on this planet. Right? I need cakes. If I can make them healthier I'm happy, but realistically if the kids find out that they are healthier....I'm looking at uneaten cake.
- Choc zucchini cupcakes. The ultimate disguiser of good stuff is definitely chocolate! In this case there is only cacao, but it tastes choclatey! The chocolateyness is aided by the zucchini that makes them super moist and the shredded coconut helps to disguise the zucchini even further as you can blame the texture on the coconut. Dairy free and freezer ready.
- Carrot and spice. Like a carrot cake, but in muffin form and even yummier. Carrot is an easy veggie to hide in cake and is really good for you! So get hiding it today in muffins.
- Un-beetable cacao cake. Once again cacao comes to the rescue to hide a veggie! This one is dairy free too, so awesome for those that are lactose intolerant. Freezer friendly and easy to store in the freezer pre cut.
- Coconut and vanilla cake (hidden beetroot). Seriously, they won't know there's veggies in there! The beetroot tell tale colour bakes out really quickly and you're left with a super moist extra yummy veggie hit.
- Banana choc chip mini muffins. What? Healthier lunches that contain choc chips? Well, there's not other sugar in these and using dark chocolate makes them sweet, and also delicious, but without a massive sugar hit.
- Pear and zucchini bread. The zucchini strikes back! Hidden by the flavour of the pear and the texture of the coconut even Master 3 eats this one. By the slice...or two!
- Orange and poppyseed (hidden chia). Chia seeds are one of those superfoods...you know- the ones the super healthy people are tuning into highly nutritious smoothies bowls. But why bother hiding them? The poppyseeds are expected in this cake...but the chia gets hidden by the poppy seeds...meaning they are being superfooded without even knowing.
- Apple, carrot and coconut cake. Carrots are so sweet and yummy, so they are the perfect addition to cake and this one...well it's so very, very delicious!
So how are you making sneaky food? Let me know below!