So...it's the weekend. And the plan for the week ahead is to be ready to grab lunchbox fillers from the freezer and get out the door quicker, right? Well, the best way to do that is to get baking! Each of these lunchbox fillers are our mainstays- they are always requested, always eaten and easy to bake.
These are lunchbox 101, the easiest lunchbox fillers you'll find that will make your week so much easier, your morning rush so much quicker and will mean you're good to go. Disclaimer: they will not brush unruly hair for you or make beds. 9 easy bake lunchbox fillers to bake now and freeze!
Let's go get organised for next week!
- Pizza Muffins. Go the pizza muffin...it looks like cake, it smells like pizza and it tastes amazing! These little muffins are filled with yum that will get the kids excited about lunch. Do them as logs if you prefer, or even as much bigger muffins, no matter how they are done they are sure to be a winner.
- Teeny Tiny Quiches. These are a winner for us and because they are made with bread instead of a pastry crust, they are really quick to make. Also, you don't have to be limited to the filling I've done in these, get creative!
- Cheesy Tarts. If the kids love quiches, these cheesy tarts (made with a flower cutter) are a super cute addition to a lunchbox. They use puff pastry to make a quick shell and you don't have to do them as flowers, feel free to do circles or even squares.
- Mini spring rolls. These mini spring rolls stay crunchy even when cold so they are perfect for lunchboxes. They are quick to roll too as they are made with wonton wrappers instead of springroll wrappers and are small, so they fit in even a yumbox original!
- Passionfruit yoghurt muffins. They are a slap together, dash in the oven treat that will see you through the week! Super easy to make and they freeze perfectly. These are so great they can even be an awesome weekend breakfast treat.
- Banana, sultana and quinoa mini loaves. Because...well...I don't really believe the hype but quinoa is one of those superfood thingies. But realistically because they are easy to make and yummy, plus freezable!
- Apple pie yoghurt dough scrolls. Scrolls, sweet and delicious with the finest apples of the season are definitely going to please everyone! They are ALWAYS in my freezer!
- White chocolate, coconut and raspberry cupcakes. These are a treat. They contain sugar and white chocolate. They probably aren't good for you. But they make up for that in yumminess, so please forgive them. And make a batch and stick them in the freezer for special days, for lunch on excursions. For whatever tickles your fancy. Treats could be so much worse than these.
- AND ONE FOR MUM: Crunchy veggie wontons. They need to be baked before serving, but trust me, they are worth it. I reckon, if you have a batch of these in the freezer ready to go, mum lunches at home will never be the same again!