I feel that a lot of the pressure we put upon ourselves at dinner can be alleviated by getting as many veggies into the kids throughout the day as we can. That’s why these three veg lunchbox scrolls are a winner!
Make them in advance, whip them up in the morning or even serve them as a dinner side, they are super versatile, freezer friendly and quick to make. Having frozen puff pastry in the freezer means you are always only ever a few minutes away from these delicious scrolls being ready to go.
Choose whatever veggies are your kids’ favourites, I find the combination of corn, zucchini and carrot work really well as the flavours work together and blend well into the pizza sauce. So much so that Master 7 wasn’t 100% sure what was in the scrolls. That means they are perfect if you are trying to veggie smuggle.
Don’t just take my word for it, these were a hit a recent kids party and also a family picnic. There are lots of ways to add veggies into the lunch box here are some options for you to try:
I find simple is best when it comes to lunch boxes so don’t over complicate it the best lunches are the ones the get eaten. These three veg lunch box scrolls get gobbled up every time! they are also perfect to grab and go which means they are great for kids who are always on the move and wanting to eat their food quickly so they can go and play.
Make a batch of these three veg lunchbox scrolls today or even a double batch so that you are twice as organised. Go and get your bake on!
Three veg lunchbox scrolls
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 sheets puff pastry defrosted
- 4 tbsps pizza sauce or tomato paste
- 1.5 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200° degrees celsius (392F)
- Spread a tbsp of tomato paste/ pizza sauce on each sheet of pastry.
- Cover each pastry sheet with carrot, zucchini and corn kernels.
- Divide the cheese among the 4 sheets.
- Roll up to a log shape and cut each log into 8 rounds.
- Place the rounds on a lined baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes at 200°.