This white chocolate rocky road is the perfect sweet treat! Easy to mix and no baking required, it's a melt, set and forget kind of dessert that's perfect for parties, sharing and enjoying. Quick and easy to make with only 7 ingredients, it's fun to make for gifting or just to cook with the kids. Have some fun in the kitchen making this delicious treat.
Why you're going to love this recipe
- quick and easy to make
- use one bowl for mixing
- versatile, see below for loads of ideas for swapping components
- perfect for sharing
- make in advance
- great for making with kids
What goes into the recipe
With only seven ingredients- you've probably got everything you need to make this in the pantry already!
- coconut oil- this helps to make the chocolate smooth and also means it doesn't set too hard to slice.
- white chocolate- I used nestle white chocolate melts, just make sure you don't get baking chips! They don't melt.
- tim tams- if you don't know what these are you probably aren't Australian! You can swap them for oreos if these aren't available where you live.
- digestive biscuits- these are plain digestive biscuits- I used McVities Brand.
- smarties- smarties are just like m and ms but they are more pastel, so they suit this white chocolate rocky road better. You can switch with m and ms or for an easter look go with mini eggs!
- mini marshmallows- if you can't find minis you can hope larger ones into quarters.
- sprinkles- I used the Queen brand unicorn confetti- anything that suits the look you are going for- I was going pastel. They serve two purposes, they ensure the white chocolate rocky road comes out of the silicone loaf pan easily and they add additional crunch to it.
Substitutions and other filling ideas
The great thing about rocky roads is: you can really make it your own! White chocolate Rocky Road is perfect for making at easter time and incorporating things like mini eggs!
Here are some swaps that I've tried:
- oreos for tim tams
- mini eggs for smarties
- raspberry lollies for mini marshmallows
- almond or even candied almonds for digestive biscuits
Realistically you just need to keep all the ratios the same and achieve a good balance of crunchy, soft and squidgy! This will ensure that your white chocolate rocky road not only tastes good, but also that people can chew through it!
How to make this recipe
- First, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave. I did one minute at 50% power and then bursts of 30 second. It took 2 minutes in total.
- Crush the biscuits and tim tams. (Image 1)
- Add the tim tams, smarties, digestives and mini marshmallows to the melted chocolate mix and mix well. (Image 2)
- Spread some sprinkles on the bottom of the silicone loaf pan.
- Add the white chocolate rocky road mix to the silicone loaf and top with the remaining sprinkles. (Imahes 3 and 4)
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, then remove from the pan and slice.
- spread some sprinkles on the bottom of the silicone loaf pan
- add the white chocolate rocky road mix to the silicone loaf and top with the remaining sprinkles.
- refrigerate for 3 hours, then remove from the pan and slice.
Expert Tips and FAQs
The best way to melt chocolate is in the microwave. One minute on 50% power will start it melting well, then give it a good mix. After that do 30 second bursts. It doesn't all have to be melted, because residual heat will melt the rest with stirring.
Yes, but it will need to be lined! Otherwise the white chocolate rocky road will stick to the pan.
More no bake treats
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
White Chocolate Rocky Road Recipe
- 350 grams white chocolate melts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 75 grams digestive biscuits
- 75 grams tim tams
- 75 grams mini marshmallows
- 75 grams smarties
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave. I did one miunte at 50% power, then vursts of 30 seconds, it took 2 mins total.
- Crush the digestives and tim tams.
- Add the tim tams, smarties, digestives and mini marshmallows to the melted chocolate. Mix quickly.
- put some sprinkles in the bottom of your silicone loaf pan.
- Pour in the mixture. Top with more sprinkles.
- Set in the fridge for three hours.