Who loves rocky road? It's got something in it for everyone, chocolate, chunks of biscuits and squidgy marshmallows! This is the best no bake rocky road!
Perfect for making in advance, for christmas gifts or just for fun, this rocky road is super easy!
Why you're going to love this recipe
- no bake
- quick and easy to prepare
- super yummy
- easy to slice
- make it in advance
What is rocky road
One of the easiest treats on earth to make! You use a collection of your favourite treats like different lollies, nuts and other yummies to make a chocolate slice, which requires no baking. When it is sitting in the loaf pan setting, it looks like a really bumpy bouncy road.
In some parts of the world it's also an icecream flavour that uses yummy bits and bobs to give it texture.
Perfect for gifting
Because the recipe makes a lot of rocky road, it's perfect for Christmas (or Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day) gifting! Chop into squares and package into containers or cellophane to give to friends and family!
Making this with kids
Kids love making this recipe. Miss 10 is all over every step, even the microwaving! The best part is that whilst measuring the ingredients, a sneaky m and m gets stolen, or some nuts can be crunched on! Because the chocolate doesn't need to be super hot, every step of the recipe is perfect for kids to help.
Melting chocolate the easy way
You could melt the chocolate for the best no bake rocky road in a double boiler, or your thermocooker, but the quickest way is the microwave. This is my no-fail microwave melting method:
- 50% power 1 minute
- get it out and stir
- 50% power 1 minute more
- get it out and stir
- it only needs to be 80% melted, stirring with the residual heat in it will do the rest
- milk chocolate- I use the Nestlè melts
- dark chocolate- again, Nestlè melts
- coconut oil- to make it easier to cut
- M &M's- use Christmas ones at Christmas time!
- marshmallows- I found mini ones
- digestive biscuits
- melt the chocolate and coconut oil together using my microwave method above
- chop the pecans, crush the biscuits
- combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl
- add the melted chocolate and coconut oil
- mix well
- set in a loaf pan in the fridge for 3 hours
- chop into slices
Tips and tricks for the best no bake rocky road
- Don't overheat the chocolate
- Make sure the container you heat the chocolate in is perfectly clean- no water or it will split!
- Using a silicone loaf pan means you don't need to line your loaf pan- but if you don't have one...line your pan!
- digestive biscuits: anything like a shortbread, ginger nuts, milk arrowroot will do
- pecans: any nut that you like! Unsalted is best.
- mini marshmallows: if you can't find them, chop up large ones
- red and green m and ms: any colour! Or smarties, clinkers, jaffas, any coasted chocolate will work!
Because it's hot here at Christmas, this best no bake rocky road won't survive on the bench, so I store this in the fridge. You can keep it up to two weeks in the fridge or for more long term storage it can be frozen.
Other great no bake Christmas ideas
- White Christmas, a no bake Christmas treat
- Coconut ice, a no bake slice
- No bake mini cheesecakes, perfect for sharing
- Reindeer poop- choco crunch bliss balls
The best no bake rocky road
- 175 grams milk chocolate I used Nestlè melts
- 175 grams dark chocolate I used Nestlè melts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 75 grams M & Ms
- 75 grams pecan halves
- 6 biscuits digestives
- 75 grams marshmallows I used minis, but you can also chop large ones
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together using my microwave method above or your preferred method.
- Chop the pecans and biscuits.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Mix through the melted chocolate.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Set in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Chop into slices, and then halve them.