So, if you’re wondering why I’ve got a list of low (or no) refined sugar lunchbox items? Well, it’s simple, I don’t do lots of sugar in the lunchbox. It’s personal choice, and one that I try to stick with, because I know that although sugar gives an immediate energy burst, it isn’t well sustained. So how do you bake low (or no) refined sugar lunchbox items that are tasty, kid friendly and easy to make? Well, you try things from this list of 15 of the best low (or no) refined sugar lunchbox items!
15 of the best low (or no) refined sugar lunchbox items
- Even easier mixed berry cloud jellies.
These couldn’t be easier! And there is a video for those of you that still think they are too hard! They freeze well, are super yummy and are perfect in the lunchbox.
- Date and banana muffins. With no added refined sugar, these are perfect for the lunchbox and will please the kiddies with their sweet taste!
- Low sugar coconut cookies. These little cookies are perfect for the lunchbox and are super easy to make. They have the added bonus of being extra freezer friendly!
- Baked pancake bites. Not only are these pancake bites refined sugar free, but they also have a gluten free option that works super well!
- Mixed berry polenta slice. This slice is super yummy with the crunch of polenta and coconut. The mixed berries are what help it to be super low in sugar.
- Sweet potato gingerbread. This surprisingly yummy gingerbread has really low sugar and is super fudgey due to the sweet potato.
- Strawberry cheesecake bliss balls. These bliss balls take advantage of super sweet strawberries and turn them into yummy little bites!
- Raspberry coconut muffins. Using frozen fruit and NO sugar, these are perfect in the lunchbox. They are also egg free!
- Yoghurt- flavour your own! 3/4 of the problem with packaged yoghurt is the flavourings. So…get some greek yoghurt (or make your own!) and mix in the flavours you want!
- Tropical papaya banana bread. This easy to make banana bread is delicious and low in sugar! Cut into slices for grab and go lunches!
- Raspberry ricotta pikelets with fresh strawberries. Who doesn’t love a pikelet? These are low in sugar and have the added bonus of a hit of protein from the ricotta!
- Date and apple bickies. These fruit pillow bickies are made with wholemeal flour and are low in refined sugar, making them an awesome lunchbox treat that also freezes super well.
- Healthier ginger snaps. Perfect for the lunchbox and freezer, these ginger snaps have lower sugar than their normal counterparts, but all the gingery taste they need!
- Healthy chia jam drop biscuits. These biscuits use chia jam and low sugar sweet biscuits to make the ultimate in low sugar yumminess!
- Orange buttermilk pikelets. Super low in sugar and extra fluffy due to the buttermilk, these are set to be a family favourite!