Zucchini is our favourite summer vegetable as it is so versatile! You can add them to almost anything! These baked zucchini fritters only contain 4 ingredients. WHAT? 4 ingredients? How? Well, because of the cheese they don't even need any oil to come out of the oven super crunchy and yummy!
I love doing stuffed zucchinis, and this is an awesome way to experience all the flavour of those, in a much quicker way. They have all the taste, but not all the work, which makes them a winner in my books. And I'm all about short cuts that help to make awesome delicious food.
Zucchini is such an awesome veggie, you can use it in so many ways! It doesn't have to be savoury like these haloumi, zucchini and mint mini muffins, zucchini can also be used in cookies, like these double choc zucchini cookies or even these delicious chocolate muffins. It's the ultimate veggie for veggie smuggling as it has a soft texture and is easy to grate it basically takes on whatever flavour you put with it too, making it super adaptable.
These are perfect as a dinner side, serve them with your favourite protein, or pop them cold into the lunchbox. They also freeze really well, so you can always have some ready to go in the freezer. Great for nights when it's too hot to cook with a salad.
Parmesan cheese is our favourite for things like these, but they are also very yummy with pecorino (which is a fantastic parmesan substitute that is much more common in Tuscany than anywhere else in Italy).You could try them with cheddar, I have, but I think the stronger cheeses make these more yummy!
Baked zucchini fritters, only 4 ingredients!
- 3 zucchinis grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (355f).
- Grate the zucchini and leave it to sit while you grate and measure the other ingredients.
- Squeeze whatever water you can from the zucchini.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Measure tablespoons of the mixture into you hand and squish to form fritter shapes.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.